In this article series, we are highlighting exciting job offers from the European renewable energy industry. Today’s job offer: The Oslo-based solar software startup Glint Solar is looking for support in their Software Engineering Team.
Who is offering the job?
The world needs to increase the amount of renewable energy to battle climate change. Glint Solar is an Oslo-based startup founded in 2020, accelerating the growth of solar energy by making it fast and simple to find the best solar project locations. Our product uses GIS, satellite and climate data to scan hundreds of thousands of potential sites, letting our customers quickly find the best sites for their projects. Our goal is to drastically speed up renewable energy adoption by making it fast and simple to develop solar projects, in order to accelerate what we call the solar revolution. Fast forward to today and we are working with both large global and small local solar developers, enabling them to quicker build their greenfield project pipelines through seamless collaboration. Technologies like satellite data and cloud computing mean that we’re able to deliver high precision insight into a user-friendly software for the development team. We’re proud to every day empower the companies that are building solar PV in record speed to mitigate climate change.
What are you doing as a Software Engineer at Glint Solar?
- Full stack development. Our current stack includes React as frontend, Node and Python as backend, but we believe in letting everyone help choose the right tools for the job.
- Infrastructure setup and maintenance, we mainly use AWS. We stick to serverless as much as possible.
- Model development and data processing, in cooperation with our data scientists, focusing on efficient and scalable implementation.
- Anything else that needs doing, such as speaking to customers or pitching in on strategy.
Which skills are required?
- Caring for your colleagues’ well-being and bringing a positive mood to work
- Curiosity and an eagerness to always learn new things
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality and always wanting to help out
- Being motivated by solving complex problems and breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Laziness, in the sense that you don’t like unnecessary work and always look for how we can achieve our goal with the least amount of effort
- Motivation to accelerate the adoption of solar energy
- A background in engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields is beneficial (but not a must) since you will be touching upon a wide array of technical subjects such as satellite data processing or solar plant energy yield modeling.
How to apply for this renewable energy job?
Go over to the job posting on the career side on Glint Solar: https://glintsolar-1674206598.teamtailor.com/jobs/2376295-software-engineer
Picture source: Glint Solar