UK House, 5th Floor, 164-182 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1NN
The investment firm, founded in 2000, has evolved to one of the largest investors of solar power in Europe since entering the market 11 years ago. In Addition to the field of solar power, Octopus Renewables is also considered as one of the rising investors in the area of onshore wind.
The global player in the market of renewable energy was able to achieve a portfolio capacity of 2.8 GW by investing in different kinds of renewable energy projects. The portfolio includes not only solar farms and wind parks but also landfill gas and biomass. Octopus Renewables focuses on renewable energy investments in order to approach their mission of mitigating the climate change by enabling energy powered by renewable resources. By doing so, the British investment firm is aiming the transition of the energy supply chain and driving the process further forward.
The London-based investor acquired the Breach Solar Farm project in Cambridgeshire from AGR Renewables. Octopus Renewables bought the solar project with a capacity of 68MW with the right to build a 50MW battery storage facility. Concurrently, the investment company has closed its announced acquisition of a stake in a 270MW offshore wind farm off the coast in England.
The London-based investor Octopus Renewables will acquire the Crossdykes Onshore Wind Farm in southern Scotland which was developed by Muirhall Energy: Its Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust will acquire a 51% interest and another Octopus-managed fund will acquire the remaining 49%. The 48MW wind farm has already been operational since June 2021. With this acquisition, Octopus Renewables will invest into one of the largest operational unsubsidised wind farms in the UK.
Picture Source: Unsplash, 21.03.2021